Friday, July 10, 2015

Where it all began...pt 2

I started receiving calls from Jared at the most random times, just to talk. It was weird, but I really liked it. I remember receiving several over Christmas break, then throughout spring 2012 semester at the most random times, and quite a few that summer as well.  I had never had a guy friend that would call up just to talk like Jared, unless they were my boyfriend. I would always get excited when I saw it was him and it seemed like we were good at carrying on conversations. It made me wonder if deep down Jared really did want to date me cause I knew deep down at this point I really wanted to date him.
In May of 2012 his roommates and him organized a weekend adventure down in Benjamin (his home town) and they invited me and my roommates a long. He was currently working at the tramp shop...haha Propel trampolines. Where they stored tramps and loaded them up in trucks to sale to different businesses or people. His boss needed him to take three tramps to there different locations on our way down, which was actually nice because our gas was paid for. They picked Ellen and I up in North Ogden, then we dropped off a tramp in Syracuse and picked up Kaitlyn in Layton, then dropped a tramp off in Kearns, and another one in Riverton where we met up with Parkers girlfriend and our other roommate Marisa. We drove down to Jared's house where his lovely mom Jennifer had a lunch all packed for us. We met up with Jared's sweet sister Melynn and twin brother Garrett (holy cow those two looked, sounded, and acted exactly alike). Then loaded up the horses and headed up Payson canyon for our ride/picnic. We all took turn riding Pearl, Buster, and Buck and those not riding got to eat lunch. Then we all went swimming in the nasty little lake. Haha it was still a fun adventure! After we dried off we loaded up and headed home. We first had to make a stop by Mountain View Hospital where Ellen was born hah then we went back to the Elliott's and got all cleaned up. Their family was watching the college softball World Series!!! I was so excited (before I went up to Utah State I played softball for Snow College). When his dad got home he began asking us all kinds of questions to get to know us better. I felt very welcomed into their home and I was excited to already have so much in common. That's basically when I decided I wanted to date Jared... and become apart of his family.  We spent the night and went to church at the BYU singles ward where his dad was bishop. It was fun to experience church in the Law building and it was delightful to hear Jared's dad (Scott) bear such a wonderful testimony. We met the rest of his family at Sunday dinner and even though I was just one of Jared's 4 friends there, they made me feel very welcome. A few days later, Ellen and I were at work when I told her that I really wanted to date Jared and she said that she really wanted me to date him as well. So she texted him and told him that she thought he should ask me out and he said that he'd been thinking the same thing. (Sorry, this is all so immature and childish, but I really want to remember these funny details someday). Later that week, I got a call from Jared seeing if I wanted to go boating with Britian, McKenzie and him the next day. So I met up with them and we had a really good time. I was really comfortable around Jared but there just wasn't much more than the just friend feeling going on for either of us (I believe). Even though I wanted it so bad.
We went on the rest of the summer talking/hanging out here and there. After hanging out with him one time I went down to my friend Alyssa's apartment in Provo and I told her all about Jared. I told her that I was going to definitely marry him (we still weren't even dating at this point).
Shortly after telling Alyssa this, the new school year began. I was now living at Hillside apartments with Ellen, Kaitlyn, and JaNae. Jared was living across town (close to Ellen's sister Carlie) at Maple Valley apartments. School began and I knew my semester was going to be busy and hard but I was excited to be getting closer to graduating. I was also training for my first marathon at this point and was super excited.  I was dating around and I didn't realize it at the time but Jared had a girlfriend... It wasn't until the end of October when I realized he had one. Jared and I would text every once in awhile for the first month of school. But I was still interested so I began inviting him to a few things. At first he was "busy" with homework but then he started to come. He came and did baptisms for the dead with Ellen and I (we did names my Grandma Walters had found). Then he came to a couple of USU volleyball games with me to watch my friend Shay play. Then, I believe it was on October 29th Ellen and I went to a friend from the previous years (they had all been in the same ward as me and Jared) surprise birthday party and while we were waiting for the birthday boy to show I overheard someone ask one of the girls where her boyfriend was and I didn't know she was dating someone so I said, "oh...who is your boyfriend?" And she responded, "Jared Elliott". I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped at that moment. But by the time I left the party I was thinking...well all I've done is invited him to things and he has said yes and came along. I felt bad for her but I really really liked this kid and as long as I invited and he kept saying yes or if he began inviting me as well, I was going to let it happen.
Two days later, Carlie was throwing a Halloween party at her apartment. So after our indoor soccer game, Ellen, JaNae, and I went to her party (dressed as sweaty soccer players of course). The first person I noticed as we walked in was Jared (alone) so I got very excited and began talking to him. After hanging out at the party for a little bit, he invited me and my roommates to go and watch the Jazz game at his apartment!!! I was ecstatic, of course I would go and watch it! The next night, Jared dropped by on his way home from studying "just to say hi." We hung out and talked for a little bit and as he left he asked if I wanted to go on a horse ride on Saturday!? I had also asked him if he'd want to go to the temple to help me finish up a few more names and we both agreed that it would be a date :)
   
          Football Game with Jared's current girlfriend and soon to be girlfriend...and lots of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment