Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The proposal 💍

Before I get to the details of the actual propose I'm going to give you an idea how everything led up to it...It was the middle of May and Jared was leaving for a weeks hunt in Alaska (bear hunting) so that weekend I went with him down to his parents house to get his gun all ready and to hang out before he left. We had been dating over a year and a half at this point and I was getting frustrated. I loved him so much and when I was with him everything was wonderful and I felt his love for me but anytime we weren't together I would begin to doubt our relationship because Jared had never vocally told me he loved me, I would begin to make up these thoughts that would make me doubt his love. I hated those thoughts but I needed more proof that Jared loved me and wanted to be with me. I was talking to Ellen one day about this and she made a good point. She said, "If you never ask Jared if he loves you then you always wonder and in a way the answer will always be no, but if you ask him you have a chance for the answer to be yes!" I loved that advice. I needed to ask him, or at least see what he's thinking/feeling. So on our way down to Benjamin, before he left for Alaska, I decided it was time for me to ask.  After driving almost halfway I finally worked up the courage to ask how he feels about our relationship. He turns to me and says, "it's good". I responded, "it's good is all you're going to say?" And he kind of laughed and said, "well, what do you think?" So I told him about how I thought it was good when we're together but then when we're not together I'm not sure how to feel because I don't know what he's thinking exactly. Then he apologized and said, "I had no idea you felt that way, the last few months I have thought our relationship is great and everything has been perfect." Then he started to explain how he wanted it to be a big surprise when he proposed but that he wants to marry me!!! I was in shock! I was so ready to hear this but I didn't exactly expect to hear this from Jared so I said, "it worked, I'm surprised!!" Hahaha. We talked a lot more about how each other feel and what each other think and want on the rest of the drive. I was on cloud nine. We agreed to not say anything to his family or to anyone else and that we'd talk about it more when he got back from Alaska.
We made it the rest of the night without telling anyone, I dropped him off at the airport and headed to my parents to stay the night. When it was just me and my mom, I told her everything!!! I wanted to make sure she knew the incredible news but she promised to not tell anyone else.  My mom was so happy for us and of course we began doing some behind the scenes planning.
Jared got home and a few days later we went ring shopping!!! That night Jared "had" to go home for the weekend to get buck. I had a feeling it was because he was going to propose to me on a horse ride  so it was OK he was leaving me again. I was wondering when he was going to talk to my dad and ask for my hand but I was trying really hard to let him do it and not bug him, but the next morning I texted him my dads number and let him know that my dad would be going out of town in a week. He just said "OK". On Monday we did a little more ring shopping and later that night we wrote an email to Cameron asking him for his permission in our marriage. Then we talked about when we thought it would be best for us to get married and even started looking at apartments for the fall.  This was all coming together but Jared hadn't even proposed yet!
On Tuesday, June 3rd Jared texted me while he was at work to see if I wanted to go on a horse ride with him and Britian that evening. I said, "of course" and right away I knew that it was going to be the night Jared was proposing to me!!! I figured if all of a sudden Britian wasn't coming anymore than Britian was just a plan to disguise the whole thing. Well we showed up and Jared told me that it was just going to be us. I knew it! But before we could get the horses all put together we needed to decide on the specific date, time, and temple for our wedding because I had called earlier and it was limited. So I called the Logan temple and confirmed  Saturday, August 9th @ 2:15, (Yes we had the temple booked before we were even officially engaged) then we loaded up the horses, looked for some saddlebags to carry our picnic/dinner (we couldn't find any), and got in the truck to head up Smithfield Canyon for our ride (same canyon we went riding in on our first date). When we got in the truck I looked down at Jared's leg and I noticed a ring looking thing in his right pocket but I tried to pretend I didn't notice. We got up the canyon, unloaded the horses and Jared pulled out the picnic so we could eat it on the tailgate of his truck while we talked before the ride. After we ate we took off on our ride, it was nice and relaxing. We had fun talking and we got to this beautiful part of the canyon where we stopped to "take a break before we turned around". While I had my head turned Jared pulled out the ring and got down on his knee and just proposed away :) I was so excited that I jumped into his arms and hugged him, he put on the ring then we kissed and in all the excitement I dropped the reigns to my horse Lily and she took off down the trail! It was classic. So Jared had to run off after her and we ended up just getting on our horses and riding off back to the truck. The first thing I asked Jared was if he has even talked to my dad yet? And he said, "of course I have, I talked to him on Friday when I headed down to get buck for the weekend." I was so surprised, I had no idea they talked (I guess that was the point). And the first thing he asked me was if I was surprised about him proposing? And I felt bad but I had to say I wasn't because I knew he was going to propose to me on a horse ride, which he claims I couldn't have known because he didn't even know until right before. I guess I'm just more in tune with his subconscious than he is. On our ride back to my apartment we called our parents to tell them the exciting news. Then we told all of our roommates and even announced it to some friends. What a wonderful day June 3rd 2014 was.

Me as happy as can be right after Jared proposed. 

We had to document our happiness.


Us with the best shot of my ring.
(Walmart specialty while we finish the details of the real deal.) 


Our ring pops that clearly signify we're engaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment