Thursday, July 16, 2015

Novemener 3rd 2012

Our first official date was on November 3rd. We went to the temple early in the morning to finish those names for my grandma, he took me home after so I could go and volunteer for a couple of hours at Special Olympics, then he picked me back up to take me on our horse ride :). I love horses!! Jared rode buck and "ponied" Jasmine while I rode Ginger. We rode up Smithfield canyon. It was really fun to ride, talk, and get to know each other better. This was my first "real" mountain ride on a horse and probably only the fourth time I had even been on a horse so I was a bit nervous, but I wanted to impress Jared so I kept thinking...fake it till you make it. I was going to fake that I was a really good/confident horse rider until I became one. (My definition of a real mountain ride was not some trail through flat ground like I had been on before. It was narrow, up the mountain side, crossing over logs and streams and at times having the mountain at one side and a cliff on the other). Jared had been talking about turning around but hadn't found a good place to so we kept going higher when all of a sudden we were into some snow. Jared decided we better turn around right a way, so we did. The only problem was, that put me and my horse in lead and not only was I uncomfortable with leading, my horse was extremely uncomfortable with leading. But Jared knew this and helped me get off my horse on the narrow trail and tried to walk the two other horses around my horses and down but there wasn't enough room so he took my horse and walked her down while I held the other two back. His big horse buck likes to rub his head on you and gave me a good rub that knocked me down the cliff side hill a little, while stepping/twisting up my foot which made me pretty nervous! Haha but I was still trying to act tough for Jared so I got right back up, switched the horses around and got back on Ginger for the ride home. We had fun talking the rest of the ride and I began to truly feel the connection I had been wanting to feel for over a year now. And it really seemed like he was feeling it as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment