Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Where it all began...

Since I want this to be a blog about our life, I want to start from the beginning.  Jared and I met up at Utah State University in 2011. I lived at Pineview 18 and Jared lived in the house at the garden court apartments. We both had some terrific roommates. Our apartments became the best of friends and we did everything together. I spoke in sacrament meeting one of the very first Sunday's in that ward and Jared claims that I caught his eye. He says he thought I was beautiful and he could tell I had a strong testimony (which he liked). We didn't officially meet until later that night. His roommate came and introduced himself to me and my roommates at ward prayer then invited us over to tour his house and meet his roommates. As we were going through his apartment, me and my roommates were introduced to Jared as he was running out the door. Jared caught my eye as well, I thought he was very handsome and seemed really nice. A couple of minutes after he left, I noticed a wedding invitation on their fridge and it looked like a picture of Jared...so I thought, oh darn! I guess he's already taken. The next morning I walked into my 7:30am history class and I noticed Jared across the room. He seemed very friendly but I didn't think I should sit by him since he was engaged. So for the next few days I sat on the opposite side of the room trying to avoid him, but he was always so friendly that I figured I could be friendly back. We had class every Monday/Wednesday/Friday so the next week I moved a couple rows closer to Jared each day until I was sitting right next to him. We had a lot of great conversations and I was really impressed that he was training for a marathon. That next week I was over at his apartment with my roommates but Jared wasn't there. I asked one of his roommates where he was and he said that he was at his brothers Bachelor party. I was shocked that him and his brother were getting married around the same time, "he has a brother getting married", I said. And his roommate responded, "ya, didn't you see his invitation on our fridge?" I was shocked. It looked like Jared. His roommates let me know they were identical twins and that Garrett was getting married, not Jared. Hahaha I felt like such a fool but slightly relieved. The next week Jared asked me out on a date! We doubled with my best friend Ellen and his roommate Parker. They walked over to pick us up then we walked back to get in Jared's car. Jared walked up to the backseat door behind the drivers eat and opened up the door for me...I thought it was weird but I didn't want him to feel dumb so I just got on in and didn't say anything. He got in the drivers seat and Parker kind of laughed and decided to open the passengers door for Ellen and he got in the back with me. It was hilarious... Haha Jared apologized and said that he worked really late last night and wasn't thinking when he did that.  Now he claims that he was just use to opening that door for anyone that rode with him. It makes for a great story so I kind of like it. We ordered a fazookie and just hung out and talked. It was fun to get to know him. We actually had a lot in common!
We began hanging out a little more but both didn't seem to be interested in being more than friends. I wasn't sure why, but that's just how I felt and it seemed to be how he felt as well.  The more time I spent with Jared, the more I liked him but I just didn't want to date him. I would tell Ellen all the time.."I don't want to date Jared, but he is going to mean a whole lot to me someday". I couldn't explain why I felt this way, but I did.  And whenever I would see him talk to other girls, I would get so dang jealous, but then I was also thinking of people to set him up with...I made no sense.
I began to realize that he is EXACTLY like my dad. He is handsome, kind, hardworking, manly, happy, funny/corny, tan, and studying engineering. I had always said that I wanted to marry someone just like my dad and Jared was that guy. That freaked me out. I didn't even want to date this kid, let alone marry him! We continued to hang out and have fun together while both of us dated around. My parents came down for family day in our ward and I made sure to introduce my parents to my dads "twin".
To be continued....

Video about my roommates with Jared and his roommates help



Dinner with my roommates and Jared's roommates Nov. 2011 


Jared and I on our shooting adventure after finals, Dec 2011. 



No comments:

Post a Comment